Upcoming Features

General announcements about the RPG and website.
Moff
Site Admin

Upcoming Features

Post by Moff »

To everyone that has signed up so far, I thank you. And I really want to thank Space Jawa for getting the ball rolling! :D

Now, I did kinda rush this opening. And that's my fault. We're short a few things, but I really wanted to get the word out to you guys while there was interest. I didn't want to open an unfinished game, but... well, most of the basics are in place (and have been for some time), I just wanted some finishing touches. What you can expect in the near future:
-A map based on the Star Wars Atlas data, showing political regions of influence. Sadly, it will not display trade routes as the mapping software I'm using has severe problems with them. If anyone knows an alternative to AstroSynthesis, I will cheerfully listen. :P
-Full information on ships, fighters, and vehicles with pertinent battle system data.
-Hopefully, lots of epic Star Wars storytelling from you guys! :D
Moff
^What happens when Moff tries to be artistic Image
Space Jawa
Space Jawa

Re: Upcoming Features

Post by Space Jawa »

Moff wrote:To everyone that has signed up so far, I thank you. And I really want to thank Space Jawa for getting the ball rolling! :D

My pleasure. I'm mostly glad of the fact I was able to open it with a traditional post-opening monologue outer space bit and make it relatively work.

Though now that I think about it, there is a part of me that wishes I'd actually worked in the opening monologue, too. Maybe I should go back and do that. :P

Moff wrote:-A map based on the Star Wars Atlas data, showing political regions of influence. Sadly, it will not display trade routes as the mapping software I'm using has severe problems with them. If anyone knows an alternative to AstroSynthesis, I will cheerfully listen. :P

I feel inclined to ask about what this "AstroSynthesis" program is and how the mapping software works vs using a image editing software like Photoshop.
Gial Ackbar
Landlubber

Post by Gial Ackbar »

Will there be faction forums and assets etc so I can start losing battles? :lol:
Moff
Site Admin

Post by Moff »

I feel inclined to ask about what this "AstroSynthesis" program is and how the mapping software works vs using a image editing software like Photoshop.

As far as I'm concerned, fifty-some-odd dollars I want back. <_<

You want more. Fine. It's a 3D mapping program, that lets you chart "sectors" of user-defined size. You add stars, nebulae, black holes, rogue planets... add planets around the stars, add life to them, define orbital parameters. I've tried making full galaxy maps before. Usually, I apply some kind of scaling factor because another feature, which allows for exporting 2D axial slices of your maps for, say, use as maps in roleplaying games (what a novel concept!) has serious resolution issues. My map images are currently 100x100 in-program lightyears, and must be exported at 2500 x 2500 pixels or the text is unreadable.

Nevertheless, I was committed to make you guys a canon (well, at the time I started!) map of the Galaxy. It was broken into the alphanumeric grids (the 100x100 units I mentioned) but it's a full galaxy map. Zoomed out, it's quite pretty. Little snowflakes in the shape of the SW galaxy against an infinite void.

Oh, it also BUTCHERED hyperroutes. And it also screwed up the coordinate system. It's placing planets in the wrong place despite my triple-checking the coordinates and manually calculating their displacement to be sure. If it's possible to import a giant mass of things into Photoshop, I would happy if someone would reveal the secret.

Will there be faction forums and assets etc so I can start losing battles? :lol:

Yes. I'm currently keeping faction forums off, though, until there's stuff to put in. But at the moment, you are provisional faction leader. :P
Moff
^What happens when Moff tries to be artistic Image

Return to “Announcements”